Friday, December 6, 2013

Literary Analysis #2

1. In the fiction book The Titans Curse by Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson sets out on another adventure to help save the world. His friend Grover was out on an adventure and he discovered two new demigods. They were brother and sister and they have been surviving all alone all by themselves until Grover found them. Percy has to go and rescue them and at the same time he is falling into a trap. The Titan Lord Kronos is making a devious plan to rise again and he is using Percy and his friends to help him.
2. The theme of this story is never give up. The author most likely wrote about this theme to show that everyone goes through thick and thin but you should never give up hope.
3. I chose this book because I’ve been wanting to finish the series but I never really got around to it. The books are really interesting and I only have two more to go.
4. This book isn’t really realistic because there are gods and they give their children powers. I made a connection with the two new demigods because there is an older sister and a younger brother, and the sister looked out for her brother and they grew up mainly with each other just like my sister and I.
5. The authors tone in this book is pretty serious but they also crack jokes quite a lot. He tends to joke around whenever he is starting to get into a fight or after he finished a fight.
6. Foreshadowing- “And before anyone could react, the monster, with Annabeth still on his bacl, leaped over the cliff and tumbled into the darkness” (pg. 26). Onomatopoeia- “There was a snap-snap-snap from the helicopter-the sound of gunfire” (pg. 27). Foreshadowing  “But still, it’s weird, you having a nightmare the same night as Zoe. It’s almost like-“(pg. 77).
1. “And don’t call me boss!” (pg. 110) “Hi, I said. Uh what’s up?” (pg. 79) “Such gratitude. He muttered.

“(pg. 239). “I wish she was here, I said” (pg. 206). Rick Riordan uses both approaches because there is some things that one character is trying to say but he doesn’t want them to be speaking to one but many characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment